The CLUB PENGUIN COMMUNITY is Under Construction and will be back soon! Please have all questions or comments emailed to me (happy) at - appleht@ymail.com

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

BBcode help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hellopayton
Perma-Banned

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: BBcode help   8/10/2008, 8:26 pm

BBcode is very simple, though it might not seem like it at first. You see, BBcode is like HTML, only it uses XHTML (lowercase letters) type coding and brackets ([]) instead of these: < and >. BBcode is a lot easier than HTML, which is why it's the main coding on the forum. If you're familiar with vBulletin boards, you'll notice their coding is like HTML; phpBB's coding of BBcode is not. It uses lowercase letters. Remember this.

Now, let's look at how to use a BBcode, shall we?
This is bold, which was done like this:
Code:
[b]my text[/b]
You'll notice that it's like XHTML/HTML, and the brackets still have the [/code letter] in it. This is a vital part of BBcode and is easy to confuse. This is a message with no closed tags ([/code letter]):
[b]My message goes here.
You have to close the tag like this!
Code:
[b]My message goes here.[/b]
Failure to do that just makes things messy.

Now, if you hit the button, you switch over to the WYSIWYG editor, which means "what you see is what you get." With this, no code is needed and your message looks clean. HOWEVER, it is not reccomended as it means you cannot use the fade codes,, the blur codes or other effect codes. It also tends to mess up a perfectly good message, so we suggest, not require, you use the BBcode editor, which adds the code to your message.

This is basically BBcode in a nutshell, if you want to see a complete list of the codes just go here:
--link coming soon--
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BBcode help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1